Monday, July 29, 2013

Clarification of the Vision

I need to know what I'm doing. I need to know why I'm training. I need to know what purpose my training can serve. That purpose to me has to be something larger than myself. I need to know what my art is for or what I want it to effect. It may not effect like how I want it to affect but that's okay. I just need to know what I'm going for. Without a strategy, all the tactics in the world can't save you. Without a strategy, how can a team attempt to win the game? You might have the best talent in the world. But no strategy? Then you're just relying on your luck.

I'm trying to figure my life out here in Oakland. Not being able to train for a month sucks. But it's good cause it allows me time to evaluate my VISION. This is something I've been struggling with since I left for Detroit. I see it as a necessary step in my life right now.

Something is off right now though. I'm not sure what it is. A thought came to me the other day that maybe I'm in the wrong movie? That was kind of a scary thought.

I need to push ahead with honesty, humility and integrity.

Elbow SMASH!
Hiji Até

No comments:

Post a Comment