Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Many Truths

It is important for me to understand that everything I am blahging about here, everything I get passionately frustrated about with karate IS MY OWN TRUTH. The things I am picking out, the things that I am viewing as "lacking" with modern karate, these are simply the things that I lack IN MY OWN TRAINING and are not necessarily the concern (nor need to be the concern) of other karate/martial arts practitioners or the general public. A lot of times I sound like my own truth is the truth. I need to change up my language and perspective and simply speak from my heart about what is important to me. What I am seeking right now is some clarity with karate training and how it can manifest and remain relevant IN MY LIFE. That's it. Writing out my thoughts like this is helpful for me to process the discoveries I make along the journey; but perhaps even more importantly, it helps me, as an artist, to push past my fear to create.

But I still cringe every time I hit the "publish" button...

Elbow SMASH!
Hiji Até

No comments:

Post a Comment