Thursday, November 14, 2013

Mediocre martial artist

I'm still sweatin in my clothes as I write this.

Just got home from judo class.

BLEH.

On some level I realize that a person has got to be good at something if they wanna have some authority with it. With martial arts, it's easy to hide behind a black belt. People believe in the belt. But if you can't do what you talk about, then you are a FAKE ASS martial artist.

That's me. FAKE. I say I wanna be good at karate. I say I wanna understand the art. BLAH BLAH BLAH.

If I really wanted to understand the art I'd be training much more damn harder than I am now. Right now I'm doing "hobby martial arts"; "weekend warrior" type bullshit.

If I really wanna be good at it, I gotta train it. Daily.

If there's no teacher around, then I'd have to teach myself.

I'm a lazy martial artist.

There is so much bullshit in the martial arts world. And there will probably continue to be bullshit for as long as human beings like to bullshit.

On some level I feel like an "anti-bullshit" martial artist. Searching out people who think like me. Who can see through the martial veil covering their eyes.

But if I wanna be "anti-bullshit" then I gotta back that up with some real skill.

How does one acquire that skill?

Gōngfu 功夫

There is no other method so tried and true to human kind.

Until I can say I put my ass to work acquiring that kind of skill, then I'm just a talker. A BLAH-ger.

So for now, blah bLAH BLAH!
  
Elbow SMASH!
Hiji Até

No comments:

Post a Comment