Friday, November 15, 2013

Mentor

I think in some way I am looking to be mentored.

As James Hillman writes in The Soul's Code: "...the acorn requires a mentor." (pg. 116). If you don't know what the heck an "acorn" is then you obviously need to read the book. Acorn refers to "genius". And this genius lies in each of us. I find it particularly fitting that I now live in OAK-land, which is so named because of the oak trees that grow in this region and of course, from what does an oak tree originate from? I like how the Oakland Unified School District's logo (at least the old version) is of an oak tree and two little acorns (which I've seen on vehicles used by Oakland Unified).

But mentorship in what exactly? I'm still not sure of that one.

I recently met with a friend visiting from Detroit. Even she asked if I had a mentor. 

Where does one find a mentor?

Does one seek a mentor? Or does a mentor seek you?

I feel the latter, but I also don't have a clue. Maybe both?

But anyway, clueless as I am, I'm still being as real as I can with what I do and just keep doing what I do.

What else can I do?

Elbow SMASH!
Hiji Até

No comments:

Post a Comment